Sunday, April 5, 2009

Sunday is the NEW Monday!

What do I mean by..........Sunday is the new Monday? Well, I started telling my clients this a while ago, when every monday I heard the same story. I mean we have all been there.

You watch everything you eat, exercise, do everything you can from monday to Friday and then Friday comes and all that progress you made over the week GOES OUT THE WINDOW!!

Why is that? I understand the weekend comes and people have a hard time staying in their routine.......But must you totally blow it? It's like friday becomes a free pass to throw all your hard work away for........3 days? You do whatever you want over the weekend and then by Monday you feel like S*@*! and think to yourself, why did I do that..again!? Think about it........If you cheat Fri, Sat & Sun. that is THREE days of a seven day week. Its NOT just a weekend, It's HALF of your week!

So, here's the deal and I want you to think about this EVERYTIME friday approaches. For starters, don't blow it on friday. You make it through the whole day, why do you have to start that night. If you need to cheat over the weekend, atleast wait until Saturday and DON'T make it a cheat DAY, allow yourself a cheat MEAL! Go out Saturday night and don't make yourself crazy (that doesn't mean go crazy!). Enjoy yourself, but know Sunday is a NEW day!

So......what do I mean by Sunday is the new Monday? I tell all my clients, enjoy your Saturday, but know that everything starts again on Sunday....not Monday. What is sunday anyway...Its usuallly filled with at least one of your children's sporting events, maybe a nice outing and a family dinner? Not really the kind of day you need to splurge on.

In fact, make it a point to go to the supermarket and if you have time, plan out some of your meals for the week. I often roast a large pan of Veggies to have during the week, as well as grill up a bunch of chicken breasts or whatever I may be making for dinner, so I have quick choices during the week. Planning is key when it comes to weight loss.

So, in short, start on Sunday! It is one more day to jumpstart your goals, whatever they may be. Trust me, an additional day of being "good" in a week will get huge results.

Good luck and stay strong!

Rachel

No comments:

Post a Comment