Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Smoothie Recipe

Hi all.

Just wanted to pass along a great smoothie recipe. Yesterday, I taught my teen fitness class and my daughter came home with one of her friends who is in the class. We always have some time before the other girls come over, so my daughter, Erica, asked me if I would make them smoothies for a snack. How could I refuse a request for a "healthy snack?" Well, in short, her friend LOVED it! In fact, I got an email from her mother today asking me how I made it. So, I thought I'd pass it along:

Strawberry/Banana Smoothie:

  • 5-6 large FROZEN Strawberries

  • 1 FROZEN banana (when my bananas get real ripe, I peel them, break them in half, put them in a ziploc bag and freeze them)

  • 1/2 cup egg whites (I get them from EggWhites International, pasteurized, NO taste)

  • 1 Stuvia (or whatever sweetener you prefer)

  • Skim milk (alittle just to make it so you can blend it)

I love this smoothie because it not only has fruit in it, but it has the egg whites, which are pasteurized and the perfect protein. Therefore, it satisfies you so your not hungry an hour later. I often give them to my kids for breakfast and it holds them over until lunch.

Also, if you like other fruit (ie blueberries, raspberries...etc., use them!) You can put whatever fruit you want in them. These are just the one's my kids prefer.

Let me know what you think? And if you have any low fat, yummy recipes to share, Linda and I LOVE new recipes!!

Enjoy.

Rachel

No comments:

Post a Comment