Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Healthy Pancake Recipe

Hi all

Since we are constantly trying to come up with healthy choices when it comes to fat loss, I decided to share one of my favorite recipes. It is a simple, yummy breakfast idea for the whole family....and it's healthy too! Not to mention, delicious!

It's my oatmeal pancakes. Now... before you decide, yuck, I don't like oatmeal or cottage cheese or whatever it is you think may turn you away from trying them...keep reading. Not only are they delicious, but I promise, they do not taste like oatmeal. They actually taste like real pancakes and the way I know that is because my 4 kids (pickiest eaters ever), all love them! (Of course, I didn't tell them what was in them until they tried them). My kids who range in age from 11-15, all said they taste like "regular pancakes". They ate them with syrup, as they always eat pancakes and they actualy loved them.

So, here's the recipe. Give them a try and be sure to let me kow what you think.

Oatmeal pancake recipe:

  • 1/2 cup instant oatmeal (quaker or Irish-Not Sweetened)

  • 1/2 cup cottage cheese (low fat)

  • 1/2 cup eggwhites (I use egg whites from EggWhites International)

  • 1/2 scoop vanilla protein powder (optional) can use vanilla extract

  • Cinnamon
  • 1 packet of stevia (or sweetener of choice)

Put all ingredients in a blender and blend until it is the consistency of pancake batter.

Use Pam or whatever cooking spray you prefer and cook like pancakes.

Serve and enjoy!!

Also, I had leftover, so after they cooled off I put them in a ziploc bag and stuck them in the refrigerator. I don't always have time to make them, so my daughter loves to heat them up and eat them before school. So, my tip is......make more than you'll eat and save them. They're easy, quick and YUMMY!!

Let me know what you think and if you have any great, healthy recipes, please share them with us. We love new recipes.

To good Health!!!

Rachel and Linda

1 comment: